The 2nd day of Mirtul
Mirtul 02, 1491
Low: 30 High: 50
Winds: From Arctic at 25 mph.
Precipitation: No Precipitation
Morning: Moderate to High in the evening
Dawn is at: 4:45
Number of daylight hours: 14.50
Selûne: 3rd Qtr
Normal ranged attacks at -2, no effect on siege weapons.
Before the group left Red Larch, a merchant came into town, and they asked him about the delegation. He responded that he was in Triboar less than a week before, and had seen the delegation there. They left before he did, but they did not cross paths again before he arrived in Red Larch. The group discussed heading to Westbridge after dealing with the problem at Lance Rock.
The trip to Lance Rock was quick and uneventful. When the group arrived, they easily found the sign warning them away, and a trail down to a small ravine that led to a cave beneath the menhir. Here, the group discovered several zombies and skeletons, and dispatched them easily.
Eventually, they came to a grand chamber where Oreioth waited along with several minor undead. The group destroyed the undead, and then chased Oreioth back to his chambers, where he was hiding. After setting many tapestries on fire, they were able to dispatch Orieoth, who vanished into a black cloud of smoke.
During the fight, Oreioth made several comments about “the eye” which sees all. There was also a symbol of an eye floating above an alter in his chambers. Thorrum recognized the symbol as an ancient cult symbol of Tharizdun.
After clearing the rest of the cave, the party returned to town, just in time to discover that a cave-in had occurred in the center of town. A few children had fallen into the sinkhole, and were now trapped in a cave approximately 30 feet below the surface. Several of the town elders, including Albaeri Mellikho, Ilmeth Waelvur, and Ulhro Luruth insisted that the children were safe, and that everyone should return to their homes and let the elders handle the situation.
- The Delegation was in Triboar about a Tenday ago, and should’ve already arrived in Red Larch.
- There is no plague at Lance Rock, this was a trick by Orieoth to keep trespassers away.
- Orieoth was doing experiments on several corpses.
- There is a large cave network underneath Red Larch, and at least some of the town elders are aware of it.
- Ilmeth, Albaeri, and Ulhro are attempting to keep everyone away from the cave complex, insisting that they will handle the problem.
- Is the delegation in Westbridge, or were they detoured or lost somehow?
- What is in the caves that the elders don’t want people to see?